Conference: “Sharing Chinese & Western Leadership Insights”- 22 May - Antwerp back to events
Where: Port House Antwerp, Zaha Hadidplein 1, 2030 Antwerp
Type: FCCC events
Go to photobook
CONFERENCE: “SHARING CHINESE & WESTERN LEADERSHIP INSIGHTS”
MONDAY, 22 MAY 2017 - 18H30 - ANTWERP
LEAD-IN and the Flanders-China Chamber of Commerce are organising their joint conference which explores Western and Chinese models of business leadership with an expert panel of business leaders and academics.
Different cultures can have radically different leadership styles and it is important for international organisations to understand them. As European business continues to expand into China, and Chinese companies establish operations around Europe, employers need to integrate both Chinese and European perspectives into their leadership models.
Understanding the inherent differences between Chinese and European leadership styles is essential for successful talent management programs. Our conference will give you a clear understanding of the similarities and differences between Chinese and European leadership styles and how to apply them to your company.
Topics we will explore:
- What are the similarities and differences in Western and Chinese leadership models in business?
- How do Chinese/European companies innovate, deal with human capital and strategy?
- What is the leadership impact of Chinese corporate leadership on long-term future planning, innovation, human relationships, strategic planning, M&A and value creation?
- How should Western executives adapt to leading in a Chinese company?
- What are the main leadership challenges for Chinese companies coming into Europe?
- How do you become an inspirational leader in a Chinese/European business venture?
- Where do Western and Chinese leadership models converge?
Mr Bo Ji, Chief Representative for Europe and Assistant Dean of China's top business school, Cheung Kong Graduate School of Business.
- Mr Bo Ji, Chief Representative for Europe and Assistant Dean, Cheung Kong Graduate School of Business
- Mrs Charlene Wu, Chairman, Anbang Belgium
- Mr Dirk Coorevits, General Manager, Soudal
- 18h30: Registration
- 19h00: Welcome by Mr Jacques Vandermeiren, CEO, Port of Antwerp
- 19h05: Welcome by Mr Bart De Smet, Chairman, Lead-In, Vice-Chairman, FCCC
- 19h10: Introduction on Chinese & Western leadership models by Bo Ji
- 19h25: Panel debate
- 20h15: Q&A
- 20h30: Cocktail reception
When: 22 June, 2017
Location: Port House Antwerp, Zaha Hadidplein 1, 2030 Antwerp
Time: 18h30 - 22h
Price (Excl. VAT): Members €50 — Non-members €100
If you wish to participate in this event, please register via the following link; goo.gl/JlwziU
About the Cheung Kong Graduate School of Business
Cheung Kong Graduate School of Business (CKGSB) is a world-class business school in China that aims to develop current and future leaders with a global vision, a humanitarian spirit and an innovative mindset. Over the past 15 years, CKGSB has developed into a prominent business school with 45 full-time professors, who have earned their PhDs or held tenured faculty positions at leading business schools such as Harvard, Wharton and Stanford. More than half of the 10,000 CKGSB alumni are at the CEO or Chairman level and, collectively, lead one-fifth of China’s most valuable brands. Together, their companies shape over USD 1 trillion in annual revenue, 14% of China’s GDP, which demonstrates the school’s impact and influence. CKGSB has a European office located at 11–12 St. James Square, London.
About Bo Ji
Bo Ji, Assistant Dean for Europe, CKGSB; Inspiring TEDx speaker; Chinapreneur
Bo is the Chief Representative of Europe and Assistant Dean for Global Executive Education. Bo oversees CKGSB’s office in London, with the goal of helping European businesses to understand China and successfully doing business in this dynamic market. His primary responsibilities are elite network management and conference speaking throughout Europe.
Bo has a strong background in both global business and executive education. He has led divisions at Fortune 500 companies including Monsanto, Cargill, Pfizer, Wrigley and Mars. He has also taught Executive MBA and MBA programs at top global business schools including MIT, NYU, INSEAD, HKUST and Tsinghua University.